Professor at ILCAA, Tokyo University
of Foreign Studies
Fields of Interests: Foundations
of Linguistics, Linguistic Typology, Austroasiatic Languages, Tai-Kadai Languages
in Mainland Southeast Asia and India.
(Grammatological Informatics based on Corpora of Asian Scripts)
Papers and Presentations
- Minegishi, Makoto ''Voluntariness and spontaneity in Thai,'' Journal of the Southest Asian Linguistics Society (JSEALS) Vol.4.No.2, pp.77-91, 2012.1.
- Minegishi, Makoto: "Semantic characteristics of constructions in Thai with two participants", the 21st Annual Meeting of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society (SEALS XXI), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand, May (11-)13, 2011.
- Minegishi, Makoto: "Topic and government in Thai: an isolating language", Explorations in Syntactic Government and Subcategorization, the University of Cambridge, UK, Aug. 31-Sep. 3, 2011.
- Minegishi, Makoto, Jun TAKASHIMA and Ganesh MURMU (2011) "On the narrow and open "e"' contrast in Santali", pp. 203-222, KAWAGUCHI, Yuji, MINEGISHI, Makoto and VIERECK, Wolfgang (eds.): Corpus-based Analysis and Diachronic Linguistics, 292pp. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Minegishi, Makoto (2011) “Description of Thai as an isolating language”, Social Science Information, March 50: 62-80.
- Minegishi, Makoto, Jun TAKASHIMA and Ganesh MURMU "On the narrow and open 'o' contrast in Santali", Papers for Presentation at the 32nd All India Conference of Linguists, University of Lucknow, 2010/12/21-23.
- Minegishi, Makoto "Description of Thai as an Isolating Language", Projet du 3e atelier consacré à la science generalisée de l’homme, Paris, 15-16 juin 2010.
- Minegishi, Makoto "Verb Subclassification in Thai based on Syntactic Phenomena," the 20th Annual Meeting of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society (SEALS XX), the University of Zurich, Switzerland, June (10-)11, 2010.
- Minegish, Makoto and Osamu AKAGI: (2009) "Development of Electronic Dictionary for Analyzing Linguistic Data'', Proceedings of Chula-Japan Linguistics Conference 2008, pp.11-16, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- Osamu AKAGI and Makoto MINEGISHI: Bridging ASEAN with Lexicology, CU ASEAN Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, Aug. 4, 2008.
- Makoto MINEGISHI and Osamu AKAGI: 'Development of Electronic Dictionary for Analyzing Linguistic Data', Chula-Japan Linguistics Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, May 1, 2008.
- MINEGISHI, Makoto, TAKASHIMA, Jun, MURMU, Ganesh: `Corpus-based analysis based on Bodding's Santal Dictionary', the third International Conference of Austroasiatic Linguistics, Pune, India, Nov. 11, 2007.
- Minegishi, Makoto (2004) "Southeast Asian
Languages: A Case for the Caseless?," Non-nominative Subjects, pp. 301-317.
John Benjamins. Amsterdam/Philadelphia.
- Minegishi, Makoto (2004) "Morphological typology from Southeast Asian viewpoint'', in S. Burusphat (ed) Papers from the Eleventh Annual Meeting of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society, pp. 461-475., Tempe, Arizona State University.
- Minegishi, Makoto "On the Khmer Script: Its past and
present", at the International
Symposium on Indic Scripts: Past and Future, ILCAA, Tokyo. Dec 17, 2003
- Minegishi, Makoto "Southeast Asian Languages -- A Case for the Caseless?" at the International
Conference on `Non-nominative Subjects' at ILCAA, Tokyo 18-21 Dec, 2001.
- Minegishi, Makoto "Morphological Typology from Southeast Asian Viewpoint", at SEALS XI, Bangkok